How to Change Cursor Direction in Excel – After Pressing Enter Key?
It doesn’t matter whether you are an associate or owner of a company, you can’t work without Excel. Sometimes for data entry work, we need to put the data in rows like left to right or right to left.
By default, cursor moves top to down when you press an Enter key on your Keyboard. As most of the data is entered into columns so it comes with the default option Top to Down. But still if you want to change the cursor direction, you can follow the below guide.
How to change cursor direction in Excel 2007?
- Open Microsoft Office Excel 2007.
- Click on the Microsoft Office button in the top left of your Excel window.
- Now click on Excel Options button at the bottom.
- Excel Options popup window will appear.
- Click Advanced in the left-hand column and select the direction from “After pressing Enter, move selection” drop-down option under Editing options.
- By-default Down option is selected. It means if you press enter in any cell, it will go down in columns. If you want to change your cursor direction to Right, then select Right and click the OK button.
By this way you can change cursor direction in Excel. If you have any query, do write in comment section.
Subscribe to get FREE Excel Tips and in-depth articles directly in your Inbox.